[ale] Modern-Day Linux Wireless

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Apr 22 19:34:05 EDT 2004

Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> So what's a readily-available (i.e., Best Buy) good-drivered 802.11b or
> g wireless PCMCIA card?

I picked up a 3com b/g card that has native Linux support
(http://www.prism54.org).  I successfully got it talking to a b card,
which is a no-name prism card as well.

I picked up another prism54 card at Compusa yesterday for $29 after
rebate.  79 before rebate is not bad for a g card and linux drivers.
I'm building a box to test it with as I had to upgrade/patch the kernel
and build the prism54 drivers.   My 3com card is in my Emperor Linux
laptop and the Emperor kernel supports it.

I'll likely get back to it later tonight, if/when I do, I'll post on my
progress.  If I get these two cards talking at 54 I'll be pretty pleased.