[ale] Load Balancing Across Multiple Interfaces

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Thu Apr 22 17:44:52 EDT 2004

Kevin -

Intel has their proprietary Advanced Network Services (ANS) adapter teaming
stuff that provides fault tolerance and load balancing.

http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/ans/

I've only used it with Intel network adapters, but they claim to offer
multi-vendor teaming of non-Intel cards.

I'm also looking for a non-proprietary solution since some of our newer hardware
doesn't come w/ Intel ethernet cards.

Kevin O'Neill Stoll wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have been googling for information on configuring two
> interfaces to respond to the same ip address in order to
> share the load of requests and possibly provide some
> fail-over.
>
> I have found a lot of information on multiple ip's per nic
> but not multiple nics per ip.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks
>
> =====
> Kevin Stoll
> http://kevinstoll.com/