[ale] Digital Camera + Redhat 8.0 = Sweet Success

Jonathan Glass IBB jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 21 23:12:14 EDT 2004

Plugged in my Fugifilm A210 to my USB ports on a RH 8.0 box.  dmesg
showed the camera.  I configured a mount point for it, and it mounted up
smoothly.  Gotta love Linux.  I didn't even need the stupid CD that came
with the camera.  Ximian Desktop 2 handled the pic previews.

Long live the penguin!

Jonathan Glass

hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 4
usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0x4cb/0x126) is not claimed by any active
driver.Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
  Vendor: FUJIFILM  Model: USB-DRIVEUNIT     Rev: 1.00
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 4
USB Mass Storage support registered.
Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi1, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 1076
sda: Write Protect is off
 sda: sda1