[ale] (no subject) SPAM talk...

Marvin Dickens marvindickens at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 19 16:29:16 EDT 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 10:42, Jay Finch wrote:

> > William Wylde wrote:
> >> Why bother to obfucate at all?  Why not just write a little script that
> >> removes the e-mail addresses from the posts in the archive?
> >
> > Why have an archive?
> > Until later, Geoffrey

My two cents:

How about leaving the person's name in the email, but removing the email
address? Anyone who subscribed to the list can figure out the email address
from the name. Besides, in the event I am looking through the archieves, I'm
looking for information regarding How-To-Do-Something and I'm not looking
for email addresses.

Having the name of the author of the email is enough for me regarding
determination of the probable quality of the information.

Best

Marvin Dickens