[ale] Woof

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Mon Apr 19 03:54:54 EDT 2004

Dow Hurst <dhurst at kennesaw.edu> writes:

> We are in the brave new world of the unknown here.  What will people
> put up with in terms of advertising?

If the guy who patented the "space ads" manages to get that
implemented, and I have to say to my daughter, "Look, there's Orion,
just to the left of the giant Coca-Cola sign"...  then I shall be
seriously tempted to blow something up.

OTOH, I see a lot of folks out here in El Paso driving cars with ads
for various establishments painted on them, and in a couple of cases
I'm certain they're not employed by those establishments. I surmise
they're being paid for the ad space represented by their auto's
sheetmetal. If I can get a new paint job for my truck that way, I
might just do it. Even if it involves cow spots or some such
thing. Hey, maybe I can get Red Hat or someone to pay me for driving
around with a giant Tux on my hood!

-- Joe

PS - We are in the process of buying a house in El Paso (offer
tendered and accepted [yes!], still have to do all the fiddly bits
with the lawyers and such), which means that returning to GA is not in
our horoscopes for the next decade or so. I'll stay subscribed to ALE,
in spite of the veritable avalanche of spam that will no doubt
precipitate (sorry, kidding! -- stop with the flying stones and
cutlery!) but I may be too busy to post for the next few weeks.

--
Resist the feed.