[ale] (no subject) SPAM talk...

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Sat Apr 17 15:27:40 EDT 2004

On Saturday 17 April 2004 14:15, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Drew,
>
> Is there something in the archives that you want hidden from search
> engines?

Yes. At least my email address.

> You seem to be going out of your way to obfuscate the ALE
> archives knowing (or at least should be knowing) by now that obfuscation
> isn't going to solve the spam issue.
> -Jim P.

I believe that it will solve harvesting issues. I believe that the ALE should
meet the standards of other lists and forums by not offering email addresses
so plainly. I believe that it is ironic a group of system admins wouldn't
have this fully covered. I believe we all know that while it won't stop World
spam problems or the recent spam originating from M$ machines, obfuscation
(depending on how you do it) will stop spam software from harvesting our
address. I believe our children are our future, teach them well, and let them
lead the way.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com