[ale] Woof

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Fri Apr 16 12:25:34 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:15, Geoffrey wrote:
> Robert L. Harris wrote:
> >
> > http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2004/0415earthfinds.html
>
> What I don't understand about all this spyware crap is why it's not
> illegal.  There's one spyware company suing out in Calif. because they
> claim it's there right, freedom of advertising.
>
> How about illegal trespass???  GET OFF MY COMPUTER!!!

IANAL, but I think many are.  The phone tap laws apply to keystroke
monitors and other programs that actively monitor a users activities.

Thus, law-enforcement cannot use them without a court-order.

Apparently "adware" is not illegal, but where is that magic line in the
sand?

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer