[ale] OO Perl

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Apr 15 22:43:01 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    Christopher> I'm creating a Properties class to use with config
    Christopher> files for my cgi programs

[...]

    Christopher> How can I store $options in a Properties object?

Your blessed hash reference can store things just like any other
hashref.

sub parse_options {
  my $self = shift;

  ... your code ...

  $self->{'_options'} = $options;

  return $self;
}

See perldoc perltoot and perldoc perlboot, both of which should cover
this usage.

If you want to be really OOPy, you might also want to look into
Class::MethodMaker for writing accessors automatically.  Also look
into the AppConfig module which handles parsing .INI-like config files
for you.