[ale] Lindows changes name to Linspire

Van Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Thu Apr 15 07:21:02 EDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:06:50 -0400
  Matthew Magee <mattmagee.md at netzero.net> wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 23:03:08 -0400
> From: Matthew Magee <mattmagee.md at netzero.net>
> Subject: Re: [ale] Lindows changes name to Linspire
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
>
> Geoffrey wrote:
>
> > Van Loggins wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/6829.html
> >>
> >> I'm a lifetime member so that means I'll have access to
> >download the> newly rebranded version as soon as they
> >have the iso images ready.>
> >> Linspire.... Hmm I like that name. :)
> >

> > Well, I guess I'll hang on to my boxed version of
> > Lindows, might be a collectors item one day...
> >
> > (I can see myself now, on the Antique Road Show.  The
> > guy puts on these white gloves and asks me to do the
> > same.  He then picks up my boxed version of Lindows...)
> >
> And says "By possesing this infringing product you have
> violated the DMCA and are now under arrest!"

Makes me glad I opted to download my own ISO images and burn
em myself :) I don't mind tossing em and burning new copies.

if anyone is interested in getting a free copy of Linspire
go to the http://www.linspire.com  website and click the
news tab, and then click on michael's minutes. there is a
link on there to get a free copy of the newly rebranded
Linspire 4.5 via bittorrent and the coupon code he mentions
but doesn't give you is their old name "Lindows" without the
quotes, make sure to capitalize the L. this code only works
on the bittorrent download version and gives you the product
for free after the coupon code is applied.

I still am of the opinion that this Distro is only good for
the average Joe Six-Pack who has no interest in learning all
of the fine nuances of how Linux works though.

I know it has a nice looking desktop layout, and it was very
easy to show my father how to use it.

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v