[ale] Fingers crossed, bare iron restore

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 14 09:34:10 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 20:37, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Awesome!! I've been watching mondo for a while and it's looks to be a
> rather complete backup solution. I have not had the opportunity to give
> it a full work out. I still just do the dump to tape routine with a copy
> of my config files and partitions (as a text file "fdisk -l /dev/hdx >>
> part_bak.txt").
>
> It sounds like you did a great bit of work to prep for this and it seems
> to have all paid off. WooHoo!
>
> ALE talk ??

Certainly, if there's interest. I want to run through the backup/restore a few
more times, to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious, and try another
"nuke." It's been a fun project, and now I'm working on the backing up user
laptops to the file server part of it.

I live in Marietta, so maybe a NW presentation would be in order. Do
middle-aged people go to the presentations, or is it pretty much college-age
people?