[ale] ale NW meeting presentation

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Apr 14 05:59:43 EDT 2004

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> My vote would be for the SUN Java Desktop demo and Palm / USB sync. I
> haven't seen the Sun Java Desktop yet, but I've been hearing a lot about
> it so even a demo version would be some form of introduction to it.

I'm likely to put off the Sun thing as it looks like they'll (Sun) be
coming out to do a song and dance of their product.  Might get a bit of
the company line, but it looks like they'll be bringing some door prizes
as well. :)

I'll keep the palm thing on the burner though.  That's a short one, but
took me a while to get working.

> It might also be interesting to see why pdksh sucks so bad (heh - just
> kidding).

Ouch, now that hurts.  Been using ksh since the late 80's...