[ale] LDAP Server

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 15:26:15 EDT 2004

I don't use kmail, but Netscape 7.1 (there's both windows and linux
versions) has address book synchronization with a free Netscape/AOL
account that you can set up after downloading.

I use this to get contacts back and forth and keep track of small changes
in my address book without messy import/exports between home, work,
linux, and windows boxes alike.  It's the cheap and quick way if you just
want to share addresses with yourself at different boxes, but if you're
looking to share contact with others, there's not too many clean
solutions out there besides LDAP and/or some fully blown groupware server
solution like OpenGroupware.org.

Let me know if you find out better, as it's still an unresolved issue
with me, and LDAP does not lend itself to very frequent changes, which is
usually the case with many people's email address books.

BC