[ale] [OT] Digital camera fix

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Sun Apr 11 03:37:21 EDT 2004

"David S. Jackson" <deepbsd at earthlink.net> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 10:23:30PM -0500 Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> > It depends on features of the unit.  You can get 3MP cameras now for
> > $200.  If your is less I would simply throw away and buy a 8MP DSLR.
>
> Sure, a Nikon D100 is only $1400, and a D1x is about $2100 (camera
> bodies only).  But the D70 is about $1300, and it even includes a
> 27-80mm/f3.5 lens!   And those are the 6-7mp cameras.  What a deal!
>
> Actually, expensive as they are, if you normally shoot a lot of film,
> like 50-100 rolls every week or two, the camera pays for itself
> rather quickly.  I guess you could invest in a 35mm film scanner
> rather than in a DSLR.  But, there's the exif info and the exposure
> histograms that the Digicams keep for you too...

It would probably take me twenty years to shoot 50 rolls of
film. A $1400 camera is so far beyond my needs that I can
hardly conceive of why anyone would want such a thing.

I have heard that Sony can be really nice about repairing
broken stuff, though. I'm going to call them and ask nicely.

-- Joe

--
Resist the feed.