[ale] Internet connection question

Walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Wed Apr 7 17:08:52 EDT 2004

I must admit to wanting to have an easy solution FAST-sans M$-
My biggest problem is how to incorporate office solutions into my office
without me having to take a 6 month leave to learn how to be a sysadmin.

I am looking for a solution which when set up properly will not require a
large amount of time to maintain, as I am outsourcing sysadmin work.  I spend
40-50 hours a week in preparing bids on work we do and managing jobs in
progress.  I have little time to learn a new trade.  I am keeping all of the
information I get from yall hear on this list to show to my IT person (a
young person 24, he has to learn some of this stuff as he goes)--
so we can decide what to do..

A note to all on this list--- having these varied opinons is very helpfull to
me in making my plans.  Most books do not express the experiences and
opinions I see here.

Your willingness to share knowledge is appreciated.