[ale] beer (linux home brewing?)

Grady Harris gharri2 at emory.edu
Tue Apr 6 12:29:58 EDT 2004

WARNING--the volatile oil derived from, & named after, sassafras is safrole,
which is toxic for the liver and pretty well established as a carcinogen.

I feel guilty about bad-mouthing sassafras--the first money I ever made on my
own initiative was from digging up & selling sassafras roots, when I was
fourteen.. Love that stuff. Gave it up when I first noticed a story calling it
a carcinogen, back in the seventies. Funny how the many more stories on tobacco
haven't had the same effect on me.

Grady Harris