Was: [ale] Best file comparator and difference picker. Now hex file diff utils

Marvin Dickens marvindickens at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 5 23:55:41 EDT 2004

I know this thread has been (up to this point...), discussing generic diff
file tools for both the cli and gui's. At any rate, the discussion reminded
me of Visual Hexdiff, a tool specifically designed to diff hex files
(Something I do a lot of...).  I've been using it for a while and *really*
like it: It's intuitive and presents the diff visually even though it's a cli
app. In the event anyone is interested, here is the URL for it:

http://tboudet.free.fr/hexdiff/

The website is in French, but the interface to hexdiff is in English (With the
exception of the word "visuel" which in English is "Visual"). Also, there is
now an English man page. IMHO, if you work with hex files, this app is a
must have.

Regards

Marvin Dickens
Alpharetta, Georgia