[ale] STORY LINK: Vendor slammed for 'selling' patches

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Apr 1 16:26:44 EST 2004

John Mills <johnmills at speakeasy.net> writes:

> ALErs -

> Whatever subsequent responsibilities of vendor to purchaser and vice-versa
> should as a matter of good practice be agreed at the time of sale. (Will
> anyone who thinks they understand Microsoft's EULA please stand up.
> Anyone??)

Seems pretty straightforward. Paraphrased: "If we catch you using our
software without paying for it, or giving it to others, we have the
right to rape you, throw your family out in the street, kill your
pets, and burn down your domicile.  If our software doesn't do what we
say it does, you are screwed. So, heh heh, we pretty much get you
either way."

#include <ianal.h>

-- Joe

--