[ale] Access Point honey pots

synco gibraldter synco at xodarap.net
Tue Sep 30 00:48:58 EDT 2003

On 29 Sep 2003 at 22:05, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> I think I remeber a software package that created multiple access
> points on a wireless card to foil would be hackers. Is there such a
> beast?

what kind of foiling are we talkin bout?  i assume you're talking about wep?  the best
way to avoid your wlan being hacked is to not trust wep at ALL... it's a serious piece,
man.  do a vpn-ish setup or something... even if they find it, it's 'safe' by reasonable
standards (where as wep as a joke).  of course masking it in with a lot of ap's
couldn't hurt, but even if i had a million fake wep-secured wlans, i wouldn't trust my
real one in the midst of them all.

--    synco gibraldter
--    atlanta, ga
--    synco at xodarap.net