[ale] Copying from vi into another terminal

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 20:26:02 EDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
"John Wells" <jb at devsea.com> wrote:

> vim via a gnome-terminal.  I've tried it in xterm as well.  I can
> cut/paste with standard X to the same vi session in the same terminal, but
> nothing else...

I'm able to paste back and forth via gnome-terminal's cut and paste.  One thing about Gnome that takes getting used to vs. Windows is that the paste buffer is associated with the window it was copied from.  If you close a window, you can no longer paste the text you copied from it.