[ale] relocating cvs

Jason Vinson jason.vinson at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 29 16:03:43 EDT 2003

Everything works fine up to:

Mon Sep 29 16:02:43
[jvinson]:[spg] cvs status spg.jpx
/opt/cvs: no such repository

Any other tests?
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Day <jasonday at worldnet.att.net>
Sent: Sep 29, 2003 3:30 PM
To: Jason Vinson <jason.vinson at mindspring.com>,
	Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
Subject: Re: [ale] relocating cvs

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:11:13PM -0400, Jason Vinson wrote:
> Nope, just tried a chmod -R 777 for testing... no luck.

Ignore my last message then.

>[jvinson]:[spg] cvs update
>/opt/cvs: no such repository

You can get this if the entry in the Root file is wrong, but I don't see
how that could happen if you just checked out the module.

I've been assuming you're using pserver, is that the case?  Are you
explicitly telling cvs which repository to use with -d?  What happens if
you do the following sequence of steps:

cd /tmp
cvs -d :pserver:whatever at wherever:/opt/cvs login
cvs -d :pserver:whatever at wherever:/opt/cvs co module
cd module
cvs status somefile

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9