[ale] relocating cvs

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 29 15:22:36 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 02:44:02PM -0400, Jason Vinson wrote:
> Just tried it without copying the CVSROOT over.  Same results:
>
> [jvinson]:[spg] cvs update
> /opt/cvs: no such repository
>
> the Repository and Root both are correct as well.  Any other ideas?

What are the permissions on the /opt/cvs directory on the server?  Make
sure the cvs user (or whoever the cvs pserver binary runs as) has rwx
access to the cvs directory and to the repository directories.  Also
make sure the user that you logged in as (with cvs login) has rwx access
to these directories.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9