[ale] SpamAssassin autolearn

John Cole JohnC at LGEFCU.org
Mon Sep 29 11:40:36 EDT 2003

Howdy all!

I'm wondering, does this work if the server is an email/spam gateway?
I am currently working on setting up SpamAssassin as a spam filter and any
other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John Cole, TICSA
Network Administrator / Security
Lockheed Georgia Employees' Federal Credit Union
430 Commerce Park Drive
Marietta, GA 30060
(770) 424-0060
(800) 541-8921
jcole at lgefcu.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Day [mailto:jasonday at worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 11:33 AM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [ale] SpamAssassin autolearn

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 09:24:02PM -0400, David Corbin wrote:
> I can't seem to find the setting that control autolearning for SA bayesian

> support.  Anybody got any ideas?

On my system (Debian Woody, but SA is from unstable), this setting is in
/usr/share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf:

# Set this to 0 to turn off auto-learning.
bayes_auto_learn                        1

You could also put this in your user_prefs file.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9
Disclaimer: The information contained in this email is proprietary and
confidential.  It is intended solely for the use of the person identified
and intended as the recipient. This document is forwarded to you in such a
form (E-mail) that LGEFCU cannot guarantee the completeness and/or
correctness of its contents and information. If you have received this
E-mail message in error, please notify us immediately. Please also delete
this document from your computer. This document may not be reproduced,
copied, distributed, published, modified, or furnished to third parties,
without the prior written consent of LGEFCU. LGEFCU specifically disclaims
any responsibility or liability for any personal information or opinions of
the author expressed in this email.