[list] [ale] Need advice on home back-up solution

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 29 10:22:11 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 16:28, David Corbin wrote:
> On Sunday 28 September 2003 16:14, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Greg wrote:
> > First of all, that sounds like a big pain in the ass. :)
>
> It is unfortuntate that you have to power down to swap drives, but it's not
> the end of the world.

Actually, if you're willing to spend some money, you can get hot-swappable IDE drives by purchasing a suitable IDE RAID card.
I use the following at home and at work.
http://www.promise.com/product/product_detail_eng.asp?productId=8&familyId=2

I haven't actually TRIED the hot-swap feature, but now that I'm mentioning it, I'd better test it..darned Murphy!.  :)

Thanks

Jonathan Glass