[ale] OT: electronic voting info

Christopher-Mar Gilbert csg7142 at atlas.kennesaw.edu
Fri Sep 26 23:56:09 EDT 2003

I went to first of several open house demos at KSU.
http://elections.kennesaw.edu/
One every month it looks like.

For me it seemed to raze more issues than resovle them.
Kathy Rogers stated that she had made up her mind and that the
concerns of others would not change her opinion that the systems are
secure. This is very telling and people where just talking past each
other.

I think people stated some good points.  But we really need more well
informed, articulate people at these event. I don't thinks we are making
the case well or maybe we are just not being heard.

This was not a forum peeple concers to be address and Kathy suggested
we contact our elected officals.

The absentee ballot is not an "out" by any means
in fact counties can do absentee ballots on the diebole
systems, you go in prior to the election and vote.

There is an upcoming forum at Ga.Tech. on Oct. 16th
see www.IP3.gatech.edu for more info.

We all need to start showing up at these events.

--
 Christopher-Marlin