[ale] OT: electronic voting info

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Sep 26 13:30:56 EDT 2003

I finally looked at the article linked below. The public is being swindled
(IMHO) with promises of technology being a cure all for social challenges.
What is being implemented isn't any better, and may well be significantly
worse than practices past.

How many people are going to notice the spin Dibold put on things with
their statement to the effect that the whole country's voting will be more
secure by making modifications to Maryland's equipment?

May I be completely discouraged for the rest of the afternoon, or am I
supposed to be positive and find the opportunity hiding in here somewhere?