[ale] OT:Experts-Reliance on MS a Danger to Nat. Sec.

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Sep 25 14:45:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 09:35, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I think when those, like Congressman, develop some moral character
> rather than looking at their retirement portfolio which includes MS
> stock.  MS stock has been like gold standard such as Home Depot in
> most people's eyes, or even pharmaceutical stock.  I don't see people
> in power shooting their major investments down.  So Linux has an
> uphill battle in that respect, just as we citizens have an uphill
> battle to keep the rights and freedoms inherently buried in the idea
> of Open Source.  It's all tied together in what America really stands
> for.   A high moral standard, a strong work ethic, and freedom of
> speech are where I see America and Open Source tie together.  However,
> it really isn't just America, but all people who quietly work hard all
> around the world to make it a better place.  Okay no more soapbox and
> sorry for the political/moral shout.  But, now I've typed it so I'm
> going to send it for better or worse. ;-)
> Dow

Well put! I tell my clients and potential clients that using Linux is
NOT about saving money, it's about exercising freedom of choice. It is a
side effect of such a tremendous community effort in place in the
various distributions that allows the Linux choice to also be less
costly financially.

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>