[ale] imp/horde

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu Sep 25 14:32:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, J.M. Taylor wrote:
> Anybody run IMP on the HORDE framework?  A few years ago I looked at it
> and had a *very* negative impression of HORDE in general, their code
> style, security, and general sloppiness.

You phrase it as if you have an option to run IMP on another framework :)

We use IMP for our students to get their mail.  Actually, we just provide
it as a backup means to pop (ie.  Wanna use grandma's computer to check
your mail quick).  Because we want them to bring the mail down to their
machines, we have disabled a LOT of the features of IMP, such as folders,
contacts, etc...  We try to keep it just to e-mail access.

We've not had trouble with it or noticed any glaring security
concerns...though I do agree about their coding style...makes my head
swim.