[ale] samba and offline files

David Hamm ale at spinnerdog.com
Wed Sep 24 15:09:43 EDT 2003

Working with XP Pro's offline files and a samba 2.2.7, on the server,
I've found offline files won't sync when modified offline.  The only
error I get in Windows is "Offline Files (\\server\share ); Access to
"thefile.doc" is denied.  When I look at the files on the samba server
to see if there is a rights issues they have the proper owner and are
owner and group writable.  Any suggestions?  I've set the debug level in
samba to 10 but haven't found any clues.