[ale] OT: electronic voting info

Transam bob at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Sep 23 19:12:26 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 01:46:51PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Ooh, I like that last line, "backdoor via an Access MDB with no password"

> "Salon has an interesting article/interview with the author of a
> forthcoming book, Black Box Voting, by Bev Harris, that looks at
> electronic voting machines, especially Diebold touchscreens. The story
> includes incriminating internal memos, cease and desist orders from
> Diebold, transcripts of an industry teleconference where Harris Miller
> of the ITAA brags of his lobbying experience, and documentation of a
> backdoor via an Access MDB with no password. This is for software
> currently being used in 37 states. "
Good.  I'm surprised that the ACLU, EFF, and others aren't suing over
this.  The Libertarian Party has a project to stop this.

> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/09/23/1235245.shtml?tid=103&tid=99
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net

> Building secure systems inspite of Microsoft

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"