[ale] OT: electronic voting info

Tom & JaVonn pairoftwins at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 23 19:07:04 EDT 2003

This is from a public document just released in the past week.  If you'd like a copy (and won't be offended that it's in doc format) just email me offlist.
2.The Harris team lead programmer publicly challenged Georgia officials to allow a demonstration of the vulnerability of Diebold software.

On August 22, the lead programmer on the Harris team attended a meeting held by the Georgia Secretary of State's office for the state's Congressional delegation. She questioned the presenters knowledgeably and aggressively, and in the process uncovered even more startling revelations1 about Georgia's flawed voting systems. Ultimately, she challenged the Elections Division and Dr. Britain Williams, Georgia's certifier, to allow her and a team of experts to demonstrate how votes can be manipulated and the machines hacked. Unfortunately, neither Diebold nor the State has granted immunity from prosecution under DMCA or other copyright and trade secret laws so the demonstration can take place.

The question is not whether it's sane or not, but whether the states and companies involved have legal means to keep the current system in place.  Would YOU like to be sued by Diebold or the State of Georgia?  Anybody got a good lawyer to recommend???

Tom