[ale] OT: electronic voting info

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Sep 23 18:00:25 EDT 2003

I somehow doubt the bottom will be reached. (Not that I'm resting any
easier two states north of you 8-(. I'm not picking on Georgia.) As a
society we are likely to use Diebold type equipment without proper
scrutiny and without proper public understanding of the weaknesses until
something like the Florida chad situation strikes. We will repeat with
non-technical backslappers/stabbers rushing a technical solution through
without understanding yet again.

We'll probably survive that also. But the crooks continue to stay ahead.

Off thread, but is it the concencious (sp?) of the list that the
technically best approach to knowing the trustworthyness of voting
machines would be a public code audit, followed by tiger team attacks in
simulated voting? Would this give society the best estimate of the ease of
election corruption both with and without being detected?