{Spam?} [ale] Dell laptop - recommendations?

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 23 10:43:12 EDT 2003

> From: "James P. Kinney III" <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>
>I can't, with any degree of conscience, recommend a Dell laptop for
anyone who actually wants to use it. Of my clients that have laptops,
about half have Dells and they are constantly having "issues".
A good source for budget prices Thinkpads is tigerdirect.com. Check the
"re-certified" section. A T22 is $700.

Ouch! I like Thinkpads, am on my second. Picked up an HP laptop for my wife (it's okay, but did have to get shipped back for a power issue and had to have the motherboard epoxied after a kid got too rough with it. I was expensive and is Windows XP only at this point).

I'll need to think about it a little more - the idea is my sister needs a platform to write grant proposals on, and e-mail them (or print and mail). She also has zero cash, so I was thinking about gifting something. Maybe I'll rethink this and go the desktop route. Much closer to what I can do with cash in pocket.