[ale] Linux + Diskless boot + Wireless?

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Tue Sep 23 09:52:58 EDT 2003

If you could get the right ROM, the rest is rahter straight forward. Look up
PXE boot, and linux. I've got a laptop that is able to do exactly this,
however it is connected by wires. At the very worst (if you cannot get PXE
and a wireless card in the same package), you should be able to bootstrap it
with a floppy, and do near the same thing.

DHCP knows it by MAC, passes it PXEboot witch then in turn grabs a kernel
and initrd from the TFTP server.

-G