{Spam?} [ale] Dell laptop - recommendations?

synco gibraldter synco at xodarap.net
Tue Sep 23 09:33:38 EDT 2003

On 23 Sep 2003 at 9:17, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> I can't, with any degree of conscience, recommend a Dell laptop for
> anyone who actually wants to use it. Of my clients that have laptops,
> about half have Dells and they are constantly having "issues". About a
> third have IBM Thinkpads. They have no problems (except the bozo that
> poured a drink in his, then pulled off the keys to clean up the mess
> and found out they won't go back on:). I use IBM Thinkpads. They are
> rock solid machines. With some effort, even the modem can be made to
> work. Emperor Linux in Smyrna sells Thinkpads with Linux
> pre-installed.

i've had the same linux installation on my dell lattitude cp for 6 years [upgraded
software piece by piece of course] and i've had no problems whatsoever... i love my
dell.  i'd buy another one immediately if they'd sell it to me without software, which is
a joke.  so my next laptop will be a mac i think.

maybe i've just been lucky with my dell, but i have to say i've been very very pleased
with the performance and stability.

--    synco gibraldter
--    atlanta, ga
--    synco at xodarap.net