[ale] On "Trusted Computing"

Bob Owen rsowen at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 20 23:05:47 EDT 2003

>On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 16:15, John Wells wrote:
>

>>> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/09/20/1828222.shtml?tid=137&tid=158&tid=185&tid=99
>>>

>Good read.  Although there is much about Bob Barr's politics I don't
>agree with, he has always been supportive of individual freedoms.  It
>sounds like he would also be on the consumer's side of the RIAA and MPAA
>issues as well.  I wonder if he voted for the ridiculous DMCA?
>
> -- Ray Knight <audilover at atlantabroadband.com>

This issue requires the attention of everyone who values the freedom we
have with our beloved Linux.  Regardless of personal politics, we should
all support whoever is active in the fight against the "Fritz chip" and
other attemps, laws, etc. that would deprive everyone of personal
freedoms.  I know that this is not the proper forum to persue this
fight, but we each need to be actively involved in this struggle.
Thanks for Bob Barr's stand.

Bob Owen