[ale] OT:Adware, Spyware and Malware

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Sat Sep 20 11:57:14 EDT 2003

Does anyone have a link to a good clearly written article for the "noob"
about malware? My stepdad persists to download this junk (not the word I
wanted to use) and, I'm left to spend hours on the phone helping him fix the
problems. Without adaware this would be impossible, with it it's still
rather irritating. I don't think my warnings of "don't believe anything a
popup or website tells you "is wrong with" or "you need for" your computer
are working much.

I googled for a bit, found only one decent article on it and, even that I
fear was a tad over his head.

Any help is appreciated.
-G

---