[ale] upgrading glibcx to glibc2.2.4...........

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Sat Sep 20 09:07:59 EDT 2003

Sorry, neglected to answer your questions......

FreeBSD 4.3release. I know I'm not up to date but this thing is so
stable I don't reboot for months and don't upgrade for years usually
until forced to do so to capture some functionality I won't do without
any longer.  When I do 'upgrade' I don't really upgrade, I just save old
necessary data [mine not system] and use a new CD to install from
scratch. I'd like to upgrade and stay current but it seems quite
elaborate. I guess once you get a working sequence of commands written
down it might not be so formidable  looking. Dunno.

I'm ashamed to say that I started back with 2.x and have leaned almost
nothing since it is so solid and needs no attention. But I do need to
since it is the server for about 10 computers.

As far as add-ons, there are many packages and ports installed.

What are the advantages of Mozilla  ?

What is Mozilla-Firebird ?

I did delve into the upgrade system but it was daunting and I didn't
have a spare machine, so that was the end of that.

Cordially,
Courtney

Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny