[ale] ISP dynamic ip to static ip

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 19 11:24:19 EDT 2003

>Does any one know if there is a free service, dynamic ip to static ip is
>still available?

I use this - http://www.dyndns.org/services/dyndns/
It's a free service, but you have to use one of their domain names. You
also run a client program that will update their service when your IP
changes. That way, you can connect to your machine via hostname, without
having to remember the ever changing IP address. This allows me to ssh
in from work to my home machine (PuTTY rules), and check my mail, etc.

...alan

 --
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite."