Simple steps Re: [ale] Another SSH Release?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 11:53:56 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 11:41, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> echo "./sshd stop;sshd start" | at now + 1 minute

See, it's stuff like that that causes problems for others.. :)

Chris, I know your intentions were honest and good, but doing that would
cause the exact same scenario.  Stuff like this can't be tested
remotely, it needs to work and work without causing problems.   In the
case of SSH, there is no compelling reason to use killall, only the SSH
server daemon needs to be restarted.. all the client processes will die
when they exit.

Chris, I believe (again this hasn't been tested) that you meant to say:

echo "/etc/init.d/sshd stop; /etc/init.d/sshd start" | at now + 1 minute

-Jim P.