[ale] Openssh packages

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Sep 16 14:31:46 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 14:08, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> OTOH, some folks at RH should be shot for being this late to the game.
> I pay $$ for Enterprise level support (RHN) for several servers, yet
> Debian and other dists beat RH to the punch.

IMHO a lot of this can be laid at the feet of the OpenSSH team. They have
yet to clearly acknowledge that this is real. They continue to use words
like possible, potential, theoretical, etc. This has the OpenBSD zealots
in denial and their attitude is becoming somewhat contagious. They STILL
have not released a clear advisory. Meanwhile the Linux teams are
publishing advisories and fixes left and right. It really doesn't matter
that one distro beat another to the punch. What matters is that
practically everyone is beating the software's maintainer to the punch.

--
Jonathan Rickman
Key ID: 0DF501FF