[ale] RedHat Package GUI

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Sep 16 12:56:33 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 12:45, David Corbin wrote:

> 1) it doesn't do anything for me when I install the CD.
> 2) It's not "THE CD", which is the problem.  tt's 3 CDs.  I would have thought
> that RedHat would have a GUI tool I could launch to browse a list of "known
> packages".

OK. The first CD in the set should have a launcher called autorun. It is
a script file that loads up /usr/bin/redhat-cdinstall-helper.

If it doesn't prompt you on insertion of the CD, then the auto stuff
isn't running. That's OK as it is a bit of a hog. Just mount the CD in
the usual manner (mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom) then cd
/mnt/cdrom and run the autorun script.

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>