[ale] [Full-Disclosure] The lowdown on SSH vulnerability (fwd)

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 16 12:14:23 EDT 2003

I just did an apt-get update on Debian Woody, and there was a new
security update for ssh.  Here is the entry from the changelog:

openssh (1:3.4p1-1.1) stable-security; urgency=high

  * NMU by the security team.
  * Merge patch from OpenBSD to fix a security problem in buffer
  * handling

 -- Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma at debian.org>  Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:06:31 +0200

Looks like more than just a rumor.  Patch those systems, people!

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9