[ale] Great News! We've doubled the speed of.....

synco gibraldter synco at xodarap.net
Tue Sep 16 12:00:11 EDT 2003

On 16 Sep 2003 at 11:35, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> In my 5+ years experience w/ MediaOne/AT&T Broadband/Comcast, in three
> different areas of Atlanta, I have NEVER seen or experienced any ports
> being blocked.  I sent raw syslogs from across the country for 1 year
> and received every one of them.  I've run SSH on 22, as well as other
> ports, with out any problems.  I ran a webserver out of my home for a
> few months (a few years ago), and I know people who have done it for
> years.

hmm... my www was blocked the entire time i used at&t [and then comcast once they
got bought out]... you are lucky indeed.

i would also like to note that many cable providers' caps are enforced by the docsis
cable modem and not at the routing level!  this means you can uncap many modems
by uploading [tftp] your own modified config file to the modem.  this is, of course,
unethical and could wreak havoc if lots of people were to do it.

--    synco gibraldter
--    atlanta, ga
--    synco at xodarap.net
--    key id: 0xC5117E0A