[ale] problems with MailScanner and spamassassin - Fixed it myself

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Tue Sep 16 11:13:18 EDT 2003

Nevermind I fixed the problem myself. Thanks for the lack of response, obviously I am the only person on the list to ever experience this problem.

In case anyone is interested the solution was to add the domain subnet and domain name of the domain that relays the mail to the other domain's mail server's into their whitelist and then add a line into spam assassin that tells the new bayesian filter to ignore the X-Turbocorp.com-MailScanner-SpamCheck: spam (blacklisted) header that our mailscanner was sending to their mail server inside of the message headers. we had to black list the other domain due to spammers using the fact that we were relaying messages between the two domains and then added the only two valid email addresses that would be coming from the other domain into the whitelist to be allowed thru. this is why the above referenced header was saying spam (blacklisted).

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator
Linux User #316727
1-770-532-2239 Extension 9404