[ale] SSH Patch

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Sep 16 10:24:29 EDT 2003

OpenSource never ceases to amaze me! The speed at which the community
operates, the personal commitment to quality, the dedication to making
things better is truly inspiring. I am proud to say that I am a very
minor participant in this process (very, very, very minor).

Not only did they get a new build out with the patch, but they also put
out rpm binaries and src.rpm's as well. All of this for a problem known
less that 48 hours. I gather from the discussions online that it would
have been fixed sooner, but it involved several deep level aspects that
required some reworking.

Kudos to Theo and all the OpenSSH team for a job well done.

And Kudos to Jonathan for the big heads-up on this.

(sung to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell")
A patching we will go
A patching we will go
Keep the bad guys off the box
A patching we will go.