[ale] Re: HP buys two new GVs

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Sep 15 17:04:32 EDT 2003

Bob - I completely agree that corporate aircraft can save the company both
executive time and real money. The purchase of 5 new aircraft at a time
when jobs are being outsourced overseas, and apparently corporate
financials aren't quite what they might be (I don't follow HP), strongly
suggests to me that these aircraft are executive bragging rights, not a
business investment. If the top executives have not cut their total income
(like that will ever happen), to help with the new equipment for
themselves, the executive suite is pumping itself up in importance at the
cost of the rest of the company.

IMHO of course, and your milage does vary. (Especially since your flying
quite possibly saves the customer billing hours, and enhances the value
delivered. Plus the flying probably keeps the technical staff sane...)