[ale] Upgrading to Apache 2 on RH 7.3

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Sep 15 16:21:08 EDT 2003

DO NOT FORCE INSTALL APACHE 2 ONTO A REDHAT 7.3 MACHINE!! Bad things
will happen. If the upgrade is vital, then you will need to install all
of the -devel rpm's needed (there are many) and build apache from the
source rpm. There is no other way to keep it rpm compatible. You can
also get the tarball and build from that but it won't be in the rpm
database correctly anymore.

**NOTE** There are some radical differences between apache 2 and earlier
versions. The old httpd.conf file from earlier versions will not work.
You will need to create a new one.