[ale] Exchange calendar replacement

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Sep 13 17:53:17 EDT 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 17:43, Steve Tynor wrote:

> Yep - this is one of the ones I was considering using and was hoping to
> hear from someone on the list who might have had a similar transition
> as mine (small office of 100% windows clients currently using Exchange
> asked to transition to a web-based calendar).

Putting them on Outlook Web Access will buy you some time to investigate
further. OWA on Exch2k is pretty good. Exch5 is not so good. If you're on
Exch2k, I'd recommend using it at least temporarily. Lots of talented
developers are working on meeting this need. If you can buy some time,
you'll be able to test their products and hopefully give them feedback so
you can get what you want. Don't force Open Source. It does more harm
than good in the long run.

On Saturday 13 September 2003 17:40, Jason Day wrote:

> I've never used it, but it's been around for a while, and seems to have
> most of the needed features.

Key word being "most".

--
Jonathan Rickman