[ale] public libraries

Brad LaJeunesse brad at magusaptus.com
Sat Sep 13 10:26:21 EDT 2003

Hi there.

You're lucky-- your local public library is a member of the Georgia library
PINES consortium.

http://www.spalding.public.lib.ga.us/libraries/peachtree/peachtree.htm

It doesn't appear that they have the specific book you are looking for, BUT
another member of the PINES consortium does. You can go to your local
library in Peachtree City and get a library card for free, and request
books/materials from 247 other Georgia public libraries at no cost to you
(you can actually request materials via the catalog:
http://pines.lib.ga.us). It will get to you in a couple of days (they will
ship it to your local library, and they will hold it for you to pickup), and
it should have a loan period of about 2 weeks. So, you could actually read
it, and not just peruse it. ;)

Many people don't know this-- Georgia has the largest public library
consortium in the U.S. We have almost 8 million books, CD's, DVD's,
audiobooks, etc. that are free to loan to any citizen of Georgia. Many of
the metro-area libraries do not participate in PINES, but you can get a card
for free out of virtue of being a Georgia citizen.

(I'm the sys-admin for PINES; sorry about the shameless plug.. but the
resources are there.)

Brad LaJeunesse, PINES System Administrator
Georgia Public Library Service
www.georgialibraries.org

"Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead!"
--Admiral James T. Kirk, Star Trek II: "The Wrath of Khan"