[ale] need help with a Tektronix 421C xterminal

Robert Story rstory-l at revelstone.com
Fri Sep 12 20:49:02 EDT 2003

I've recently acquired 3 Tektonix 421C xterminals, and I'm trying to get them working on my network. I got them 'as-is' with no terminals. The only info I've been able to find on the net is a pdf on how to install more memory.

I've been able to set the ipaddres, and if I set it as a 'foreign' display, my linux box puts up it's greet screen. But I'd like it to put up a chooser screen instead, so I could select which machine I want to log into. I can get the chooser screen from other linux boxes, but not the tektronix. Does anyone know if it support indirect XDMCP?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to change the display type? there isn't a menu item for it, and the monitor I want to use displays 'out of scan range' when I connect it.